BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Trolls

I'm not sure what the obsession was with these little things. The phrase "so ugly it's cute" comes to mind, though. I can remember the fad really picking up around fifth or sixth grade.

Troll Dolls
Image from thisorthat.com
We would all bring our trolls to school and show off the newest one we had either purchased or been gifted. I remember getting a few for Christmas gifts during that time as well. I had one that was dressed as a bunny, I had little ones that fit on the end of my pencils, but my favorite was my larger, stuffed troll doll.

Soft-bodied Troll Dolls
Image from eBay
I collected them until some new fad came along to take its place but these wide-smiled, big-eyed, bare-bottomed little trolls still hold a big place in my heart.

Stay trendy!

P.S. Apparently Dreamworks is planning a movie based on the trolls and the origin of their colorful hair to be released in 2016. Hmmm. May have to see that one!

0 comments: