BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

New Kids on the Block

My first big boy band crush, like most girls my age, was New Kids on the Block. To this day, there has not been another singer or group that I ever loved as much as I loved (OK, worshiped) NKOTB. I owned everything and anything they made and distributed as merchandise. Bed set (pillowcases, sheets, comforter), trading cards, dolls - both plastic and fabric, clothing, posters, cassettes, VHS tapes, books, magazines, jewelry, buttons... oh, the amount of money my parents must have spent!

Oh, memories! I know I owned that same hat and most of this other stuff.
Image from acommonsea.wordpress.com.
My favorite NKOTB was Joey and I never wavered from my devotion to him throughout my adoration of the group. My best friend at the time was a huge Danny fan so luckily we didn't feel like we were in competition with each other.

New Kids on the Block back in the day.

He was so gorgeous!
I outgrew my NKOTB phase but did get a little happy when I heard they had reunited in 2008 and saw a few of my friends were going to their concerts. For me, it just wouldn't be the same. There was something about being a young girl swooning for a group of teenage boy singers that I just don't think could be recaptured.

Keep hangin' tough!

0 comments: