BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 13, 2013

Scholastic Book Club

I have loved to read from a very young age. Anything I could get my hands on, I would read and I loved getting new books. Every once in a while in school when I was growing up, we would receive fliers for Scholastic books and we could place orders for new books.


1989 Scholastic Flier.
The best part would be when the teacher handed out the books a few weeks later after my parents had let me order a couple of things. I remember most orders coming with some free gift whether it was a poster or a pencil, it was always an exciting thing for me.

On top of the order forms they would hand out to us, there was a book fair that was held during the school year.


A book fair that looks similar to the ones I remember.
A room was setup with tables and books and we were allowed to browse and buy books. It was great because it made the enjoyment of reading a full experience from picking out the book to reading the last page. 

Keep reading!

0 comments: