BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Finding Beauty in the City

Try our video maker at Animoto.

I know it seem a bit off my blog topic, but beauty is timeless so this actually fits right in (go with me on this one). I made this video from some edited photographs I had done for my digital media class. If you've been reading my blog, you may remember my last post involved a picture from that very class.

For this assignment, we needed to make a 30 second video set to music with some of our pictures using Animoto.  I had a song in mind from the very beginning which was the lovely "Beneath Your Beautiful" by Labrinth and Emeli Sandé. It's a love song, I know this, but for me the song is also about finding inner beauty and I think beauty can be found in a lot of places if you just take some time to look deeper.

With my images in the video, I wanted it to almost feel like a journey from the little things like some small graffiti to the bigger places like the universe.  My "universe" picture, for example, actually started off as nothing more than some broken glass in a parking lot, something not everyone would see as beautiful. I also added text to the beginning of the video to convey my message and used the spot light feature to give one of the photos a little more time in the video. I used the simplified style so I was able to fit in a couple extra pictures and I also liked how it essentially turned the images in their own backgrounds. I tried a couple of others but I think this one looked the best and allowed my photographs to stay as the primary focus.

I hope you enjoyed.

Stay beautiful.

0 comments: